Slidell Memorial Hospital provides financial assistance for:
- Emergency and medically necessary care,
- To patients who are residents of Louisiana and Mississippi,
- And who are unable to pay.
Financial assistance applies to your portion of the bill only, for example, your deductible or co-payment.
Financial assistance is based on your family income and the current Federal Poverty Level.
The current Federal Poverty Level can be found here.
Financial Assistance is offered as follows:
- If your family income is 200% or less of the Federal Poverty Level, you may receive a 100% discount.
To apply, please mail the completed application to:
Slidell Memorial Hospital
1001 Gause Blvd.
Medicaid Eligibility Office
MOB1 - Box #35
Slidell, LA 70458-298
Applications can also be emailed or faxed to:
Fax: (504) 842-0322
Financial Assistance Policy
- Attachment A- Process and Procedure
- Attachment B- Calculated Discount Rate
- Attachment C - Facilities Covered
Financial Assistance Application
Financial Assistance Information (Summary of Policy)
When you provide the name, address and policy number of your insurance company when you register, Slidell Memorial Hospital (SMH)/Slidell Memorial Hospital East (SMH East) will file your primary insurance claim for you. We suggest you track the following for services rendered: charges, co-pays, deductible, co-insurance, insurance payments, Explanation of Benefits (EOB) and your SMH/SMH East statement. By organizing this information, it will be helpful if you need to discuss your statement.
In the weeks following your visit to SMH/SMH East, the billing process occurs as follows:
- SMH/SMH East will submit claims to your primary insurance company
- You should receive an EOB from your insurance company four to six weeks after the first claim is filed. The EOB will indicate services billed, amount paid and payee
- If you do not hear from your insurance company within four to six weeks of your visit, you should follow-up with them
- If payment is mailed to SMH/SMH East, the payment may be reflected on your next monthly statement. Statements are mailed monthly to you
- Additional charges and payments to your original statement will appear on your monthly statement as they are posted to your account
- You should retain your statements to help you track charges, payments, adjustments and your balance