Nutrition & Weight Loss
Keeping up a nutritious lifestyle isn’t always easy. That’s where we come in.
We offer everything from education classes to one-on-one counseling to help you stay healthy.
Whether you have a special nutrition need or simply want to plan healthier meals, our registered dietitians are here to help you understand why nutrition is important to your overall wellbeing.
No matter your situation, the food and nutrition experts at Slidell Memorial Hospital bring their specialized backgrounds and training to help inpatients and outpatients get back on track — and stay on track — when it comes to nutritional health and weight loss programs.
Health Concerns We Treat
From weight loss goals to specific dietary concerns, our registered dietitians are here to help.
- Obesity and weight loss
- Celiac disease
- Heart health (hypertension, elevated triglycerides, high cholesterol)
- Food allergies
- Lactose intolerance
- Kidney disease
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Insulin resistance
- Cancer (decreased appetite, dry mouth, constipation, loose stools)
- Healthy eating
- Pregnancy (gestational diabetes, gestational hypertension, weight management, gallbladder and kidney issues)
- Pediatric nutrition counseling for childhood obesity
Nutrition Services and Programs
Get on the path to healthier choices with help from our experts.
- Ideal Protein. Part of the Comprehensive Weight Loss Center at Ochsner Medical Center – North Shore, this program offers private consultations, classes and programs designed to help you make smart nutritional choices. For more information, call (985) 898-7255 or email us.
- Diabetes education classes. These classes help inform and educate people living with diabetes. Classes meet once a month (Classes are currently on-hold and will resume in August 2022). For more information or to register for class, call (985) 280-1564 or email us.
- Outpatient counseling. We offer one-on-one sessions, as well as group programs, with a registered dietitian. You’ll get personalized solutions and strategies to help you achieve a healthier lifestyle. For more information, call (985) 280-1564 or email us.
- Inpatient counseling. Should you require an overnight hospital stay, a registered dietitian will meet with you to help you understand your condition and devise a personalized nutritional plan. For more information, call (985) 280-1530 or email us.