You can count on us to deliver personalized and compassionate care when you need it most.
Whether it’s a neurological condition or post-surgery recovery, our trained therapists offer a full spectrum of rehabilitation services.
From the moment you step through the door, the rehabilitation therapy team at Slidell Memorial Hospital and Slidell Memorial Hospital East is focused on helping you achieve the best quality of life possible. We bring an interdisciplinary and whole-body focus to rehab and recovery.
What We Treat
We provide some of the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in the region, including speech and physical therapy.
- Orthopedic issues such as strains, sprains and ligament tears
- Neurological conditions such as Parkinson's disease, stroke and spinal cord injury
- Speech, language and swallowing problems
- Post-surgical recovery
- Hand, wrist and shoulder problems
- Power mobility
What We Offer
From advanced treatments to extended appointment times, we’re here to make recovery easier.
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Lymphedema therapy
- LSVT LOUD: This specialized treatment helps patients with Parkinson’s and other neurological disorders.
- Dry needling
- Certified kinesio taping therapist
- Vestibular therapy
- Electrical stimulation for swallowing
- Ease of scheduling: We’re open 50 hours a week with appointments as early as 7 a.m.
- Direct access: Physical therapy is available without a referral from your doctor. Please check with your insurance provider to be sure these services are covered, as all insurance policies differ.
- Rehab Store: This on-site retail shop sells medical equipment and other rehab aids (compression socks and garments, wraps, analgesic agents) at discounted prices for our patients.
During your stay at SMH, your physician may order therapy. We work closely with nursing staff, case management, your caregivers and your physician to ensure that you return to a safe environment with the equipment needed to live independently.
Intensive Inpatient Rehabilitation
For intensive inpatient rehabilitation, we refer patients to our partner, Slidell Memorial Hospital East. This state-of-the-art medical center offers expanded facilities, along with the latest technology.