Memorial & Tribute Gifts
Honor the memory of a loved one or pay tribute to someone who’s touched your life with a gift to SMH Foundation.
To donate a memorial or tribute gift today, list the name of the person you’re honoring in the comment section so your gift can be properly designated.
Previous SMH Foundation memorial gifts include:
- Ms. Michele Marie Cavalier Eads (September 2016)
- Mr. Patrick Flanagan (August 2016)
- Mr. Daniel Cuevas (June 2016)
- Mr. Roy Darby Sr. (June 2016)
- Mrs. Barbara Caruso Kuper (May 2016)
- Mr. Daniel J. Schott Sr. (April 2016)
- Mrs. Phyllis Clade Merkle (April 2016)
- Mrs. June Collins (April 2015)
- Mrs. Valerie Seale Monahan Bowser (May 2014)
- Mrs. Eleanor L. Kathy Bindewald (May 2014)
- Mrs. Michelle L. Dunham Burlett (November 2013)
- Mrs. Viola Cocran (September 2013)
- Mr. Wayne R. Dunne (August 2013)
- Mr. Johnnie C. Humphrey (June 2013)
- Mr. Frank McGill (April 2013)
The hospital's donor bench serves as a functional work of art and a testament to the community’s philanthropic spirit. Located in the atrium of Slidell Memorial Hospital, the piece was a collaboration between the father-daughter team of Mike Lamb of Pass Christian, Mississippi, and Dru Lamb of New Orleans.
"The design is simple and clean and sophisticated, but still fun," says Dru Lamb, an interior designer with New Orleans' Eskew Dumez Ripple. She developed the concept for the piece, which uses layered glass bricks worked into a grid of mahogany and cypress woods crafted by Mike Lamb, a retired steamship stevedore.
Engraved onto the glass bricks are tributes to those who have made donations of $1,000 or more to the SMH Foundation.
Donate $100 or more to our Cancer Initiative for Giving, and we’ll add a brick paver to the Slidell Memorial Hospital Regional Cancer Center garden sidewalk in your name or a loved one’s. When you give to the SMH Foundation, you’ll not only be supporting the SMH Regional Cancer Center, you can know that your donation is being used to build more than bricks and mortar.
How Do I Order a Brick?
Make your donation online here, and select “Engraved Brick” under the dropdown menu labeled "Please direct my donation to". You’ll have an opportunity to enter the text for the engraving, and an SMH Foundation staff member will confirm the text with you prior to the engraving.