Donations to the SMH Foundation are used to fund important community health programs and buy lifesaving medical equipment.
We work daily to fund grants for programs and state-of-the art equipment purchases that benefit SMH patients and improve the quality of life in our community.
Since 2008, we have awarded over $800,000 in grants.
Programs Funded by the SMH Foundation
From the Fit as a Firefighter summer camp to wigs and garments for cancer patients, the SMH Foundation strives to make a real impact in the lives of our neighbors.
Slidell Memorial Hospital Regional Cancer Center
- St. Tammany Cancer Fund
- Lori Hoffman Von Matre Appearance Center
- Wigs and patient support garments
- Infusion therapy pumps
- Infusion therapy chairs
Education and Outreach
- Fit as a Firefighter summer camp program
- Girls Health Day
- School handwashing program
- Discounted mammograms
Capital and Equipment
- Labor and delivery specialty beds
- Mammography data reporting system
- Blood pressure cuffs for screenings through SMH Community Outreach
- Cardio-pulmonary rehab equipment