Welcome to Slidell Memorial Hospital, your hospital for life.
SMH has been providing quality care to our community for 60 years. As the leader in healthcare on the Northshore, we offer advanced technology and innovative treatments to help keep you well — including a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, the SMH Heart Center, the SMH Regional Cancer Center and the SMH Physicians Network.
Located in the heart of Slidell, Louisiana, 30 minutes north of New Orleans, we offer a 223-bed acute care hospital with expert physicians, specially trained staff and the latest treatments and technology.
- The SMH Heart Center provides full-service cardiology care to residents via advanced technology and a continuum of care model that puts patients first.
- The SMH Regional Cancer Center, the only facility of its kind in East St. Tammany, is a state-of-the-art facility where patients can be diagnosed, treated and rehabilitated in one convenient location.
- Our Emergency Room has expanded to meet the needs of St. Tammany’s growing population.
- Our Outpatient Rehabilitation therapists are certified in LSVT-BIG treatment, an innovative technique that treats patients with Parkinson's disease and other neurological disorders.
To become nationally recognized for superior quality.
To improve the quality of life in our community.
- Positive attitude
SMH Physicians Network
Established in 2006, the SMH Physicians Network provides access to many of the region’s most accomplished physicians and nurse practitioners, plus same-day appointments for family practice patients and Saturday appointments for pediatric patients.
Our network encompasses a large group of multispecialty experts who offer a wide array of quality healthcare services. Plus, our providers have access to a comprehensive, clinically integrated system for the coordination of care — allowing for ease of referrals between clinics, sharing of patient health information and improved outcomes.
Visit our Patient Portal to learn how you can access your medical information and actively manage your health anytime from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
The SMH & Ochsner Partnership
SMH and Ochsner Health System have formed a strategic, long-term partnership to offer Slidell residents access to expanded local care at lower costs. Going forward, both organizations, their physicians and patients will benefit from shared best practices, expanded services and advanced, patient-centered technology.
The partnership has added new services and medical specialists to our community that previously did not exist, such as:
- Cancer clinical trials
- Expanded cardiology services including 24/7 on-call heart surgery coverage
- Robot-assisted surgery
- 24 recruited physicians who provide primary care and specialized services locally
- Specialty clinics, including the Comprehensive Weight Loss Center and Back and Spine Center
St. Tammany Parish Hospital Service District No. 2, doing business as Slidell Memorial Hospital, is a political subdivision of the State of Louisiana, being a hospital service district created by Act 180 of the 1984 Louisiana Legislature as amended, and a 501(3)(c) corporation, with its main campus located at 1001 Gause Blvd., Slidell, LA 70458. The Hospital's Agent for Service is Gil Ganucheau, Chief Legal Officer, 1001 Gause Blvd., Slidell, LA 70458.