Our experienced labor and delivery staff offers expectant families a knowledgeable support team with one objective in mind: to help you deliver and nurture a healthy baby.
As the only labor and delivery department serving Slidell and the surrounding area, Slidell Memorial Hospital provides mom and baby a compassionate birthing experience, plus the highest level of care to manage life's unexpected emergencies. Our comprehensive care starts during pregnancy and continues after the baby is born.
Our prenatal services help you prepare for the arrival of your baby.
- Complimentary prenatal classes for moms who deliver at SMH
- Online childbirth education classes
- Maternity fair
- Birthing center tours
- Lamaze classes
Labor and Delivery
We help make your labor and delivery go as smoothly as possible with expert care and helpful amenities.
- 24-hour, in-house anesthesiologist
- 24-hour, in-house neonatal nurse practitioner
- Spacious private rooms where expectant moms can labor, deliver and recover after childbirth
- Operating rooms and a surgical recovery room on the unit — ideal for keeping mom and baby close
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) led by experienced, highly trained staff
- Airstrip OB monitoring, which allows your doctor to view the baby's heart rate, contractions, maternal vital signs and nursing documentation at any time
- Baby’s first portrait, done right here at SMH through Mom365
After childbirth, we’re here for you with the resources you need to transition to parenthood.
- Complimentary parenting classes for families that deliver at SMH
- Complimentary Big Brother and Big Sister classes
- Breastfeeding 101
- International board-certified lactation consultants, who offer support in the hospital and after you go home
We've been caring for expectant families for generations, and we strive to make the experience a memorable one. That’s why we offer the Nurse-Family Partnership's maternal health program. It introduces vulnerable first-time parents to caring maternal and child health nurses, who provide the support needed for a healthy pregnancy and help parents give their babies the best start in life. For more information, call (985) 871-0210 or visit Nurse-Family Partnership.